Paynesville, Montserrado, Liberia
The Liberia Judo Federation was incorporated with the Republic of Liberia Ministry of Foreign Affairs on January 28th, 2011 in accordance with Section 1.4 of the Business Corporation Act. The Republic of Liberia Ministry of Youth & Sports granted the Liberia Judo Federation a Certificate of Accreditation signed by the Director of Sports on February 9th, 2011. The Liberia National Olympic Committee recognized the Liberia Judo Federation as a legal sporting federation on September 26th, 2011 and recommended "all financial and technical assistance that will facilitate the growth of the federation." The Liberia Judo Federation Master Olympic Coach is a Third Degree Judo Black Belt (Sandan - USA Judo Certificate #0738031014) and was a participant at the 25th Edition Judo World Championships in Rio De Janiero Brazil, 2007 as both a competitor and national delegate. The Liberia Judo Federation is synergizing K-12 educational & martial science curriculum for full time Academy Cadets and separately provides training curriculum for Police Officers and Military Personnel. With focus on arrest tactics and reducing instances of police brutality, the Liberia Judo Federation teaches self defense, counter rape, counter terrorism, counter terrorist finance, anti-money laundering & rough diamond sorting. Our Federation provides fraternity & sorority programs, including an exclusive All Girls Empowerment Camp which provides girls with access to free hygiene products. All candidates must request an application through the Liberia Judo Federation web portals.
The Liberia Judo Federation’s role is:
1. to encourage and support the promotion of ethics and good governance in sport as well as education of youth through sport and to dedicate its efforts to ensuring that, in sport, the spirit of fair play prevails and violence is banned;
2. to encourage and support the organization, development and coordination of sport and sports competitions and to ensure the regular celebration of Liberian Competitions;
3. to cooperate with the competent public or private organizations and authorities in the endeavor to place sport at the service of humanity and thereby to promote peace;
4. to take action to strengthen the unity of the Liberia Judo Federation, to protect its independence and to preserve the autonomy of sport while acting against any form of discrimination;
5. to encourage and support the promotion of women of all ages and sport levels with a structured view to implement the principle of equality;
6. to encourage and support measures protecting the health of athletes;
7. to oppose any political or commercial abuse of sport and athletes;
8. to encourage and support the efforts of sports organizations and public authorities to provide for the social and professional future of athletes;
9. to encourage and support the development of sport, wellness, fitness and education for all;
10. to encourage and support a responsible concern for environmental issues, to promote sustainable development in sport and to require that Liberian Competitions are held accordingly;
11. to promote a positive legacy and to host international competitions;
12. to encourage and support initiatives blending sport with culture and education;
13. to encourage and support the activities of the International Olympic Academy (“IOA”) and other institutions which dedicate themselves to Olympic education.